The Old and New Town Tour
The Edinburgh Old & New Town tour starts at 1pm lasting around 3 to 3.5 hours, Monday to Saturday and 5pm-8.30pm Monday to Thursday. With the help of your guide and the places visited you will not only enjoy good food, drink and company you will also learn about the rich history of Edinburgh.
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in a tour out with the set times offered.
- Guided walking tours of Edinburgh’s Old and New Towns
- Visit unusual/hidden restaurants, shops and bars
- Taste dishes specially prepared for you (starter size portions)
- Sample individually selected wines & malt whisky
- Talk to the chefs/owners
- Discover the history behind the premises
As well as having starter, main course, cheese, charcuterie and dessert during the tour there will be the chance to taste Haggis neeps & tatties, enjoy a wine tasting, Malt whisky tasting and one or two other food and drink surprises along the way. Best to skip lunch before the tour and book a late or light dinner afterwards.
We can organise private tours on request and fine tune these to your own particular choices. Please email for further information. firstname.lastname@example.org
Video showing a taster of what happens on the Eat walk Edinburgh Old and New Town tour
Tickets priced from £59.00
Included in ticket price:
- All food & drink tastings in the premises you visit.
- Guided sightseeing tour of Edinburgh's Old and New towns
- A wireless audio system to hear tour guide on the move
- Map with details on bars, restaurants and shops visited
- Discount card for participating bars and restaurants from our tours.
Tickets have to be pre booked.
- This guarantees your place.
- Allows the guided tours to leave on time (we know when everyone has arrived).
- Allows restaurants and bars to have prepared food and drink for all those on the sightseeing tour.
- Once booked your walking tour will go ahead. Paying in advance ensures we will run the tour even if it is just for you.
- Payment can be taken online using a credit or debit card, click "Tour booking" to make online booking & payment.
- Prices are in pounds sterling, the World pay web site will show you the cost in your local currency.
- Payment can also be made by credit/debit card over the phone, click on "contact" for phone number.
Cancelling or rescheduling
- Cancellations of one of our walking tours of Edinburgh is accepted with 2 days notice, admin fee of £10 per ticket on cancellation.
- We will endeavour to accommodate a reschedule walking tour for you with 2 days notice. But cancellation of the re scheduled date will not be liable to a refund even if giving 2 days notice.
There is presently no discount for students, OAPs or Children.
If booking children under 18 on the afternoon Old/New Town tour please let us know as the Scotch Malt Whisky society has to provide a separate room on those occassions due to Scottish licensing laws.
Under age children can't go on the early evening tour as two of the premises we visit can't have under age children, under 18, in their bar areas after 5pm again Scottish licencing law requirements for those premises.
Edinburgh's Old and New Towns is mainly on the flat although there are a couple of small hills to trek up but at all of the stops there will be seating and toilet facilities available. The walk is broken up in into 15-20 minute sections between stops. Tours go ahead no matter the weather so please dress appropriately.
We stop at five venues, the places visited can vary from tour to tour. Please click on Venues to view premises that we choose from for these tours. Venues visited are subject to change without notice.
Vegetarian or special dietary requirements.
If we are told in advance we can make arrangements for vegetarians or anyone with special dietary needs going on the walking tours.
Presently the walking tours are in English only. For groups of four or more we can offer the tour in Italian, Spanish, German or French. Please email to request a tour in a language other than English. email@example.com
There is parking at West end of Princes St at the Castle Terrace Car Park. You will be enjoying some alcohol along the way of the walking tours so driving afterwards is not recommended.
Start & finish of tour
The location of the start of the walking tours of Edinburgh will be emailed to you with the confirmation of your booking. Your guide will assist with directions back to your accommodation at the end of the walking tour if required.
We pride ourselves on providing a first class service so please let the guide know if you are unhappy during the walking tour. In the unlikely event you are still unhappy after the walking tour is over please contact us by phone, email or letter, stating the problems you incurred and we will refund in part or full where necessary.This does not affect your statutory rights.
The length of the tour will vary depending on how many people are in the group, service times in restaurants and how much the party are enjoying themselves. The guide endeavours to keep the tour on track time wise. Please leave extra time at end of tour before arranging another event, or contact us before booking to discuss finish times on day you wish to book.