Canongate Brunch Tour
Eat walk Edinburgh took two food bloggers from Qatar who were guests of Visit Britain on our Canongate food tour and this is what they filmed.
The Edinburgh Canongate tour starts 10am finishes around 1pm. The Brunch tour visits the lower half of the Royal Mile but takes you behind the buildings to show you a different side to this part of the city. We meet local people who enthuse about Scottish food and drink and taste their wares. We hope to show some of the cities eccentric side as well as reveal how the old buildings are being melded with the new as this part of Edinburgh continues to re invent itself.
- Guided walking tours of Edinburgh’s Canongate (Lower part of the Royal Mile)
- Visit unusual/hidden restaurants, shops and bars
- Taste dishes specially prepared for you
- Sample individually selected malt whisky & beers
- Talk to the chefs/owners
- Discover the history behind the premises
This tour visits a hotel, three shops, a restaurant and a bar. Giving the opportunity to have an early morning cocktail with some breakfast canapés, taste locally sourced food, see the making of delicious fudge with an obligatory tasting of course. Hear about Scottish whisky from one of Scotland’s oldest independent bottler of whisky, throw in a taste of Sweden with a Smorgasbord and finish off with a beer tasting and a Scottish cheese selection in what was Edinburgh’s main brewing district. No need to worry about lunch after the tour is finished.
We can organise private tours on request and fine tune these to your own particular choices. Please email for further information. firstname.lastname@example.org
Tickets priced from £55.00
Included in ticket price:
- All food and drink tastings in the premises you visit.
- Guided sightseeing tour of Edinburgh's Canongate
- A wireless audio system to hear tour guide on the move
- Map with details on bars, restaurants and shops visited on our Edinburgh walking tours.
- Discount card for participating bars and restaurants on our walking tours of Edinburgh.
Tickets have to be pre booked.
- This guarantees your place.
- Allows the guided tours to leave on time (we know when everyone has arrived).
- Allows restaurants and bars to have prepared food and drink for all those on the sightseeing tour.
- Once booked your walking tour will go ahead. By paying in advance ensures we will run the tour even if it is just for you.
- Payment can be taken online using a credit or debit card, click "Tour booking" to make online booking & payment.
- Prices are in pounds sterling, the World pay web site will show you the cost in your local currency.
- Payment can also be made by credit/debit card over the phone, click on "contact" for phone number.
Cancelling or rescheduling
- Cancellations of one of our walking tours of Edinburgh is accepted with 2 days notice, admin fee of £10 per ticket on cancellation.
- We will endeavour to accommodate a reschedule walking tour for you with 2 days notice. But cancellation of the re scheduled date will not be liable to a refund even if giving 2 days notice.
There is presently no discount for students, OAPs or Children.
Our walking tours of Edinburgh's Canongate is down hill for first half with a gentle hill to walk upon the latter part of the tour. At some of the stops there will be seating and toilet facilities available. It would be recommended to take a bottle of water with you. The tours go ahead no matter the weather so please dress appropriately.
We stop at five venues, the places visited can vary from tour to tour. Please click on Venues to view premises that we choose from for these tours. Venues visited are subject to change without notice.
Vegetarian or special dietary requirements.
If we are told in advance we can make arrangements for vegetarians or anyone with special dietary needs going on the walking tours.
Presently the walking tours are in English only.For groups of four or more we can offer the tour in Italian, Spanish, German or French. Please email to request a tour in a language other than English. email@example.com
There is parking at New St car park behind the Waverely railway station. You will be enjoying some alcohol along the way of the walking tours so driving afterwards is not recommended.
Start & finish of tour
The location of the start of the walking tours of Edinburgh will be emailed to you with the confirmation of your booking. Your guide will assist with directions back to your accommodation at the end of the walking tour if required.
We pride ourselves on providing a first class service so please let the guide know if you are unhappy during the walking tour. In the unlikely event you are still unhappy after the walking tour is over please contact us by phone, email or letter, stating the problems you incurred and we will refund in part or full where necessary.This does not affect your statutory rights.
The length of the tour will vary depending on how many people are in the group, service times in restaurants and how much the party are enjoying themselves. The guide endeavours to keep the tour on track time wise. Please leave extra time at end of tour before arranging another event, or contact us before booking to discuss finish times on day you wish to book.